I am by no means a Dr. of medicine or an expert on the human body so please take this information as food for thought only.
Now that it’s cold/flu season, it’s a good idea to know a few prevention methods to stay happy and healthy.
- Wash your hands. No high-fives, try a high-elbow or fist bump instead.
- Moisturize your air with a humidifier. Scientists believe very humid air may be toxic to flu viruses. Moist air can relieve dry sinuses.
- Avoid that 3rd and 4th drink. Alcohol can impair your immune system. Plus after so many drinks you may decide to give everyone around you high-fives!
- Taste the rainbow. Maintain a healthy diet. Blueberries, yogurt, broccoli, cantaloupe, cinnamon, red bell pepper, citrus, lemon, ginger, garlic and honey are all good sources to keep the nasty cold/flu bug away.
- Get your Zzzzz’s. Experts suggest that when we are sleep-deprived, your body may produce too many cytokines, the proteins that trigger cold symptoms.
- Drink lots of water and stay thirsty my friends